Saturday, September 8, 2007

Day 13 - Orange Beets




Last night I went to bed late and woke up very early this morning. Upon awakening I felt lethargic so I went downstairs and had bee pollen and young Thai coconut water for breakfast. I felt better afterwards for a short while. I napped about an hour this afternoon but I have not been up to par today physically. I guess I exerted myself too much yesterday after Thursday’s volleyball games. No doubt I will sleep tonight.

Today I decided to make a sweet potato pie and I bet if I gave it to anyone to try they would not know the difference between the raw one and the cooked one. It is really good and the frosting is outstanding. I made the crust with almonds and figs and the frosting with almond butter, dates, orange juice and orange zest. The filling has sweet potato, cinnamon, vanilla extract and an apple.

I am also experimenting with corn chips. I took fresh corn off the husks, onions and carrots and blended them. I spread the mixture on a silicon sheet and put it in my oven at 105 degrees. When I tasted this mixture I realized that I could make a raw cold corn chowder and be very satisfied. The corn chips should take anywhere from 12 to 16 hours.

I also went shopping for produce today and bought a few different things like organic orange beets, organic cremini mushrooms. When I got home I made myself a plate of mushrooms, red peppers, snap peas, snow peas and a pear. Ahhhh, I love 3 day weekends.

Nutrients of the day:
E3live with coconut water
Bee pollen
A piece of bitter melon and lots of it’s seeds
Orange juice
A piece of sweet potato pie
A mini buffet of mushrooms, red peppers, sugar snap peas, snow peas, and a pear

Quote of the day:"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase. Just take the first step." - Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments:

amazon.com from Raw Foods Wealth 2 Health

Alissa Cohen Raw Food Store