Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Raw Food Phase 2 Day 23 - Mostly Fruits - Creative Recipes

Hello, Today I have eaten mostly fruits all day long. It has been refreshing and I did not experience a sugar high at all. I started the day off with a bunch of grapes. I did not feel like eating them so I juiced them. I hope to create the same recipe tomorrow for breakfast because it was so yummy. :) It happened to be a creative day as far as recipes go. I created a few of them which I would like to share with you.

Today I got a very nice compliment from a nurse that calls me every 3 months. She is tied into my health benefits at work and we have been talking for about 5 to 6 years. Anyway she said that she does not know of anyone who could do more for their health than I am doing. It is nice to hear what people think of my efforts.


Purple Grape Juice
1 pt of organic red grapes
2 oz E3Live
1/4 tsp of enzymes
1/4 probiotics a
3gm acidophilis powder
6 oz of water
Ice
Blend it in the Vitamix. Pour and drink up! Yields about 24oz of juice.

Coconut Pear Pudding
meat of 1 Thai coconut
2 pears
stevia to taste
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
a dash of molasses
Blend all ingredients in a blender. Pour into bowl. You can freeze some too. When serving let desert sit out for about 15 to soften. Yields about 1 cup of pudding.

Avocado goes Nuts
1/2 avocado
2 tbsp of nuts* (pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, Brazilian nuts and sliced almonds)
1/8 cup sliced onions
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil cold pressed
*The nuts were soaked overnight and then dehydrated for 12 hours.
Slice the avocado, place onions on top, sprinkle the nuts and salt and then drizzle the olive oil and EAT UP!


Raw nutrients of the day:
12oz of Purple Grape Juice (see recipe above)
32oz cantaloupe juice (cantaloupe and water)
4oz fresh squeezed tangerine juice
4oz Coconut Pear Pudding
Avocado goes Nuts
(1/2 avocado with nuts and onions )
Flaxseed crackers with almond butter and honey
16oz green smoothie
3 strawberry vitashakes
3 vitadophilis
3 quinary

Quote of the day:
"In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins - not by strength but by perseverance." - H. Jackson Brown

Celebrate Life and be grateful,
Alma

amazon.com from Raw Foods Wealth 2 Health

Alissa Cohen Raw Food Store