Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Raw Food Phase 2 Day 16 & 17 Raw Foods for Pets

A large number of vets are stating that the main cause of illness and premature death of our pets is due to processed pet foods. Yes it does the same to our animals as it does to us by suppressing our immune system. Please read the labels of your pet's food and find out what is in it.

Most pet owners recoil at the thought of feeding raw meat to their dog or cat, concerned about bacteria or parasites. However, dogs and cats don't get salmonella poisoning because their digestive system is so acidic (or at least it should be) that it kills everything. This is why a dog can bury a bone and dig it up two weeks later and eat the rotting meat. (http://www.living-foods.com/articles/rawpetfood.html)

If you would like to read some more on raw foods for pets here are a few web sites:
http://www.barfworld.com/ and http://cats.about.com/cs/catfood/a/bybrawdiets.htm.
Here are some pics of my co-worker's pets. They all want more love, more food and more petting. So send them more via the web and enjoy these beautiful animals!




Tuesday's Raw nutrients of the day:
1 oz E3Live with fresh squeezed orange juice with aloe vera
24oz Cafix
3 NuPlus
3 Quinary
3 Fortune Delight
48oz Calli
Sprouts and red leaf lettuce salad
8oz Passionberry Bliss Kombucha drink
1 vege meatball and 1oz spaghetti (zucchini, carrots, squash and tomato)
1 piece of almond fudge
1 piece of coconut gogi berry fudge46 oz Calli
Flax seed crackers with almond butter and raw honey

Wednesday's Raw nutrients of the day:
8 oz Kambucha drink
6oz Fresh squeezed orange juice with aloe vera
3 NuPlus
3 Quinary
1 Fortune Delight
2 VitaShakes
60oz Calli
16oz pear juice
Chocolate pudding (avocado, carob powder, agave nectar and vanilla extract)
Watercress
2oz raw chocolate
Flax seed crackers with almond butter and raw honey

Quote of the day:
Love of animals is a universal impulse, a common ground on which all of us may meet. By loving and understanding animals, perhaps we humans shall come to understand each other. — Dr. Louis J. Camuti

Celebrate Life,
Alma

4 comments:

Minter said...

Alma, Have always subscribed to we are what we eat... but it's hard to be so disciplined. I commend you for that. Meanwhile, aside from loving animals, there's also music. Both are multilingual! Bon courage as we say over here in keeping up with your regime.

JSizzle said...

Thanks for dropping by my site. I read your profile and i could relate to your sickness i myself is survivor of another major lung illness. I was thinking of changing my lifestyle also and i admire you for taking those steps keep it up!

Kristen's Raw said...

Great post. I struggle with what to feed my dog all the time. My vet says it's fine to have him on a vegan diet, but I wonder... and I don't like the thought of everything that he eats as processed. Thanks for the info.

Cheers!
Kristen's Raw

Unknown said...

Thank you all for visiting my site again. I will make sure I continue to visit your blogs/websites. I like the supporting community that is being developed.

amazon.com from Raw Foods Wealth 2 Health

Alissa Cohen Raw Food Store