Saturday, November 17, 2007

Raw Foods for Kids - Yo Adrien, this one's for you!

A request has been made of me to assist a friend in incorporating vegetables into her kids meals. I love requests like this because I get to search new recipes, I get to share my wealth of raw foods and it helps me stay creative in my own kitchen. I have to get simple recipes and consider the equipment that my friend has. Since I am a child at heart I am sure I will enjoy the recipes as well. So Adrian, this one’s for you!

I found the following recipes at http://goneraw.com/ /

Nana Milk
Ingredients
1 banana, peeled
1 pinch sea salt
1 dash vanilla
3 ice cubes
¼ cup water
Preparation
Throw all in the blender and blend till frothy! High in Enzymes! Yeah Bananas!

Ants on a Log
Ingredients
2 stalks celery
raw almond butter
raisins

Preparation
Wash the celery stalks and trim the ends. Fill with raw almond butter. Cut into fourths. Top with raisin "ants".


I found the following recipe at http://karenknowler.typepad.com/

Real chocolate ice-cream
Serves 6 not-very-greedy people.
Ingredients:
4 Tbsp raw chocolate or carob powder
16 Medjool dates
600 ml of pure water
4 cups of cashews OR 4 Tbsp raw cashew butter

Preparations:
Blend the cashews (or cashew butter) with the water to create cashew milk.
Add in remaining ingredients and blend well.
Pour into an ice-cream maker and process until ready to eat OR pour into a freezable container with a lid and freeze.
When your ice-cream is ready, serve, salivate and enjoy!

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence...Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - Calvin Coolidge


Celebrate Living,
Alma

No comments:

amazon.com from Raw Foods Wealth 2 Health

Alissa Cohen Raw Food Store