Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Memories of a Raw weekend in New Hampshire

While in New Hampshire this weekend I found an awesome organic health food store. It is called Katrina’s Organic Market & Cafe and it RAWKS! It is like walking into a Raw Foodist Paradise. They have superfoods, prepared meals, fresh juices and smoothies and lots more. They also have products from many of the food sites that I order from. It was just great to be able to shop for it all at one location. I was with three other friends and I was very grateful that they did not rush me out of the store. We all tried some raw chocolate made right there and we tried raw pumpkin pie. Thank my lucky stars I purchased a lot of products and if I had stayed in that store longer I would have had to apply for a job. Another reason to move to New England. Katrina is going to start an Internet site in the future and I for one cannot wait. She said I could order from her and she would ship out the product to me. You can reach her at naturesmarketnh@yahoo.com I cannot wait to try all the products!

I purchased:
Muesli and granola from Good Stuff
Sun-flax Italian bread from Life Force
Spirulina Bars and Sunflower Seed Bread from Lydia’s Organics
Maca and Greek Olives from Sunfoods
Carob Powder from Natural Zing
Coconut Butter and Black Sesame Tahini from Artisana
Himalyan Raw Honey from Heavenly Organics
Zambezi Honey from Zambia from ZAM-B-A Honey Inc.

Anyway, while in New Hampshire this weekend and I turned some friends on to some raw foods. I had told a friend about this apple-celery juice and she was curious because she does not like celery either. Sold her, she liked it very much. She loves coconut so I turned her on to young Thai coconut juice. I took 2 young coconuts and used all the juice and flesh and put it in my Vitamix with some stevia and cinnamon. She enjoyed that too along with another friend. They even tried some algae. I mixed that in some apple cider and they were okay with it. Another big hit was Banana Ice Cream. I tell you I have not met one person who has tried this that has not loved it! I also made some cole slaw and I added jimica and black sesame seeds and it all went.

So many people do like raw foods. They just don't know it. They need recipes or people to make it for them. I just would love others to embrace more raw foods so we could all enjoy health and great meals together.

I have enjoyed my day today although I am feeling a sugar high from an apple-celery juice I drank a few minutes ago. I bought some gala apples grown in upstate NY today and they are awesome. They are so sweet. My new kick lately has been apple-celery juice. I read that it is a great source for sodium and potassium and that you could not taste the celery in the juice. I am not a fan of celery and I know it is suppose to be very hydrating and very good for my lungs. Well now I have this juice daily and I love it.

"The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Celebrate Life,
Alma

No comments:

amazon.com from Raw Foods Wealth 2 Health

Alissa Cohen Raw Food Store