Thursday, July 10, 2008

Green Smoothies

Tonight it is back to volleyball. The NorthEast is getting a break from some hot, humid weather and I am glad! I like the different seasons but the humidity makes it harder for me to breathe hense harder for me to play volleyball. Anyway tonight should be a lot of fun. People will be wanting to play since last week was the day before the holiday and many people did not get to play. I have my oxygen tanks full and my LARGE bottled water in the refrigerator. When that clock ticks to 7PM, I am out of here!

My diet is going well! I am not 100% raw but I am pleased with the way it is going. I eat a small portion of cooked foods on a daily basis. I do my green juices and green smoothies. I eat my LaraBars, raw trailmix and fruits. My weight loss has not been the same as last time I went raw and that is because I am not exercising as much and I am not 100% raw. Hopefully I will get myself back to that space real soon.

Kait asked me about green smoothies today. I found a list of recipes that she can start up with. This list is from Frederic Patenaude.

Always blend the fruit first –
2-3 cups any greens of your choice, 2 cups papaya, 2 oranges, 3 dates
1 handful lettuce leaves, 1 handful mint, 4 bananas, 1/2 cup water
1/2 bunch romaine lettuce, 1 cup strawberries, 2 bananas, water
4-5 kale leaves, 4 apples, 1/2 lemon juiced, water
2 big handfuls mixed baby greens, 2 pears, 2 mangoes, 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
choc-mint – 2 cups spinach, 10-12 mint leaves, 3 bananas, 2 Tbs. carob powder, 1 cup water
1 handful of spinach, 2 stalks of celery, 2 bananas, 2 pears, 1 apple, 1 cup water
1 small handful of spinach, 2 cups arugula, 2-3 mangoes, 1 cup water
1/2 head romaine lettuce, 1 small pineapple, 1 large mango, 1-inch fresh ginger
1 handful wild greens (e.g. dandelion), 1 small handful mint leaves, 3 cups honeydew melon
3-4 stalks celery, 2 ripe persimmons, 1 banana
1 handful chard leaves, 5-6 kale leaves, 3 large bananas, 1 cup water
1 handful parsley, 3 cups of peeled papaya

Celebrate Life,
Alma

No comments:

amazon.com from Raw Foods Wealth 2 Health

Alissa Cohen Raw Food Store