Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy 4th of July


Wow, I am actually proud of myself. I am doing well on raw again. I have stuck to diet and have enjoyed it. Looking back I believe that I will have to have a better plan of action for the winter months. Fruits and vegetables do not run as abundant, sweet and affordable. Besides that my body wanted something hot and substantial and cheesecake could only cut it so far. I tried because I did eat a lot of cheesecake but I am going to try to get some recipes that will become my new "comfort" foods.

I ordered LaraBars from amazon.com and they just came in today. I am so excited because when I want cake or a chocolate candy bar I reach out for the Jocalat. I love their cherry pie flavor also. Has anyone tried their chocolate coffee one?

Well last night I made 4 batches of green smoothies in my Vitamix and I froze them in containers. I am good to go for about a month. It is time consuming and I do lose some of the nutrients but it is a quick fix. I usually try to have 2 containers or servings out at a time. I try to have a green smoothie for breakfast on a daily basis. This starts my day off right! Sometimes I will have another serving after volleyball. Nothing like replenishing your body with good carbohydrates after a workout. This really assists your body in replenishing nutrients and building your muscles.

My smoothies consisted of kale, collards, a little spinach, bananas. I varied each batch with different fruits. One had blueberries, one strawberries, one was mostly bananas and the last one had fruit sorbet which I had made last month. Thanks to my parents for going shopping for me. They went to Amish country in PA on Sunday and bought be lots of fruits and vegetables. I still have a watermelon to cut up and sprouts to juice.

Enjoy the weather and happy 4th!
Celebrate Life,
Alma

2 comments:

Kristen's Raw said...

I love the Cherry Pie Lara Bars.

Cheers,
Kristen

Destiny Blue said...

Thanks for visiting the Vitamin Stuff blog. We're going to add you to our blogroll. :)

I love cherry pie - and lemon bar! Soooooo good. I really hope they stay the same now that General Mills has bought them.

Great info on your blog. I'll be by often!

Tena

amazon.com from Raw Foods Wealth 2 Health

Alissa Cohen Raw Food Store