Wednesday, July 16, 2008

This one's for me

I put a goal out there to run a 5K race some time this year. The time has come for me to register and I feel myself fearing. Fearing the race, the training and the diet. I have come so far only to let it go. I have been back on track the last couple of weeks eating more and more raw foods as the days go on. I still carry about 15 pounds of weight gain since I went off track. My motivation for exercising subsided but I am working on that too.

I know that I am the only one holding myself back. I want this race to be a metaphor for leaving my past in the past and looking forward to the future and the possibilities of doing anything I put my mind to. Imagine a person with oxygen running a race. I will run for life! My life!
Celebrate Life,
Alma

1 comment:

Zeolite said...

Alma Congratulations on your goal! WOW what an inspiring story you have. I am attempting to go raw.. did well all week and today slipped badly. And I feel awful... I can tell even after just a few days.
Alma I would love if you would add your blog link to my website... my readers need to see your story and cheer you on while they cheer themselves on!

Many Blessings,
Shelley (Diva)
http://www.BeNaturallyWell.com

amazon.com from Raw Foods Wealth 2 Health

Alissa Cohen Raw Food Store