Tuesday, July 22, 2008

and so the training begins...


This week I will start my training for my 5K in October. I will just be walking for 30 to 60 minutes as long as my knee holds up. A few week ago my left knee started bothering me and now I am taking an OTC remedy to ease the discomfort away.

I have done some research and here is my first training workout that I will attempt by the end of next week.


  • Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.
Now this might be too strenuous for me so I have to see how much I can do. However I will adjust as necessary. I may start with a 30 second jog and 60 walk to see how my heart and lungs hold up. I will report back and let you know.

As for my diet I am going to attempt to have green smoothies daily and do a lot of juicing. Wish me luck!
Celebrating Life,
Alma

No comments:

amazon.com from Raw Foods Wealth 2 Health

Alissa Cohen Raw Food Store