Monday, August 4, 2008

Water Fast


Well today I decided to fast. I have not been 100% raw so I figured it would be a good time to show myself who is in control of my life. I have done well. I am hoping that I could get to bed without tummy noises so I am drinking all I can. The other dilema will be getting up too many times during the night to excrete this water. All I can say is that it is surely going through me.

I have 1/2 a cantaloupe cut up for breakfast tomorrow and I have a bottle of kombucha ready to go. I also have a couple of apples. I just might eat all fruit tomorrow. I will see how I feel and perhaps fast again on Wednesday.

I have a cleansing kit for the entire body and it will last over a month. Yes I can eat raw foods while on the cleanse but it would be best to do it with just organic apple juice. It seems a little extreme but I have to figure out what I will do. I have many options. I can do each section as a fast and take a few days off in between and just eat raw foods. Or I can eat one raw meal per day. This sounds the most feasible to me at this time but first I want to fast a couple of days a week for a short while.

I hope I get the feeling of peace and ease within my body that I got the first time I fasted for a day. Ahhh, I long for tomorrow for that awesome feeling.

Celebrate Life,
Alma

1 comment:

RawBin said...

Excellent! I had been slowly transitioning raw for nearly a year when I did a 21 day juice feast. During the feast, I recognized how often I had just "given in" to my cravings and I really wasn't in control of what I ate. While feasting, once past the first few days I had amazing energy and was beyond the craving stage. Funny, when I went back to raw solids, it was so much easier. I'm much more aware of everything that goes in.
I wish you luck. Don't forget your greens!

amazon.com from Raw Foods Wealth 2 Health

Alissa Cohen Raw Food Store