Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Raw Food Day 62 & 63 - Rambling on




Eating raw foods has become a lifestyle choice for me. Although meals can be easily made eating raw can be very difficult to follow especially if you are going out to eat. You can easily isolate yourself because of the rules however you can free yourself of all worries if you plan ahead. Sometimes a meal for me could be eating 3 bananas or slicing up an avocado and adding a little salt and onions. There are times when I make complicated things like sweet potato pie or dehydrated foods which involve a lot of steps, ingredients and time. I suppose my biggest distraction in all this is when I crave something. I feel that I should not deny my body of something it craves. I believe the cravings come from my inner voice telling me that I need some kind of nutrient from the food I am craving. My only dicerning factor when I am having a craving is to decide whether or not it is that inner voice or hunger. If my cravings are from hunger I have to satiate the need and stuff something in my mouth, usually a fruit like a banana. Bananas have definitely helped me stay raw because those moments of despiration when I have waited too long to eat. You know those moments where you would eat almost anything and everything in site. I have reached out and eaten a banana or two or three and they have saved me. Many times while I am preparing a meal I will eat a banana just to hold me over. If my cravings are not from hunger than I try to eat that food. Sometimes there is a raw version available and sometimes there isn’t.


Take last night for example, I was craving all cooked foods. Long story short I roasted some potatos that I added some salt, pepper, garlic, herbs with spinach and parsley and some olive oil. It wasn’t raw but it was what my body wanted. I had some leftover so I had some for breakfast too. The great thing is that today I followed the potatos up with a green smoothie. So I am not one of those who breaks the raw food diet for a day or a week. I do it for a meal and sometimes it may be one item in a meal. I will always try to eat live foods with a meal if not 100% raw.

Monday’s Raw nutrients:
2oz E3Live algae
6oz herbal tea
4oz kambucha tea
turkey salad (prepared raw food)
1 flax seed cracker
20oz apple celery juice
4 fruit kabobs (pineapple, cantaloupe and grapes)
2 vitashake
2 quinary
2 vitalite sunbar
1 banana 1
nupuff
2oz E3Live algae
20oz celery apple juice
28oz fresh pineapple and coconut juice
1 raw pizza
1 small piece of fudge
48 oz water
Tuesday’s Raw nutrients:
2oz E3Live algae
8oz herbal tea
2 vitashake
2 quinary
Avocado goes Nuts recipe (nuts, onions, salt and sesame oil)
2 flaxseed crackers with almond butter and honey
1/2 sun burger
16oz cafix
16oz water
1.5 # potatos
2 nupuffs
Quote of the day:
"There's only one way to succeed in anythingand that is to give everything." - Vince Lombardi
Celebrate life,
Alma

No comments:

amazon.com from Raw Foods Wealth 2 Health

Alissa Cohen Raw Food Store