Friday, September 14, 2007

Day 19 Portobellos, Potatoes & Turtles

My eye site still feels like it has improved but it is not 20/20. For sure my left eye is much better because I still feel like I can see better through it than my right one.

Yesterday I made vinegar and salt potato chips. I soaked potato slices in raw apple cider vinegar and sprinkled sea salt on both sides. I dehydrated them overnight for about 14 hours. They were awesome! I also dehydrated sweet potatoes just plain. They taste a little starchy. There is a recipe that has you put some almond butter on them with honey. I may try that next time.

Tonight I went to the co-op and bought 3 different kinds of sprouts, spinach and portobellos. I am going to cook/dehydrate the portobellos in the morning so I can have them for a late lunch or dinner. They are fantastic this way. I put a little olive oil, salt and fresh garlic. They come out juicy and delightful. YUM, I can almost taste them already.



I am also experimenting with carob turtles. I mixed carob, a little molasses, honey, a little vanilla extract and walnuts together. They take about 24 hours to dehydrate to complete. No need to tell you what my late night snack will be tomorrow night.


Nutrients of the day:
Fresh squeezed orange juice with E3Live
A big salad Dehydrated sweet potatoes
Dehydrated apples
Dehydrated Yukon gold potatoes
A raw brownie
2 coconut macaroons
2 coconut macaroons

Quote of the day:
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."- Helen Keller

Celebrate the weekend,
Alma

No comments:

amazon.com from Raw Foods Wealth 2 Health

Alissa Cohen Raw Food Store