Sunday, September 2, 2007

End of day 6 into day 7 and in heaven

Hello everyone,
I just got back from an evening in Ocean Grove NJ where I met some friends and hung outside a coffee shop and listened to some live music. It was a great time. The weather was cool and the music was awesome. I took my camera and when I went to take my first picture the 'battery empty' sign showed up and I was unable to take any pictures. Guess what? Do to all the excitement I forgot to eat. Could you imagine that? During one of the breaks I went into the coffeehouse for a hot herbal tea but there was nothing in there for me to eat except brownies, cookies and other baked goods. I did have a Chewy Almond Crunch Bar but I did not dig into that until I got into the car. Then I only ate half. Now I am having another cup of tea. Tomorrow I am off to NYC to see a couple of friends. The weather is suppose to be about 78 degrees. So I look forward to walking around and visiting.

Today Luigi and I stayed in during the day and I cleaned why he followed me around and slept. You would think he would help me but no. Leave it to a prissy dog to be around the house all day and not do a darn thing to help me out. Ah well, I love him anyway.


Here he is in his beg position. You would think I never fed him!

I am learning a lot about mineral water. I bought a case of San Pellegrino because it was one I found a couple of weeks ago and I thought it would be better than regular water. When I looked it up it has a pH of 7.7 which sounds good but after finding the other German one's at 5.8 and 5.9 pH I would prefer those. Also San Pellegrino water is still when it comes out from the ground and is then charged with CO2 to give it fizz. From my readings adding CO2 is not favorable. I will finish the water and I will drink it in the future if that is my only choice but given my options I will go for Gerolsteiner and Apollinaris. I look forward to trying other mineral waters as well.


Nutrients of the day:
A green juice with E3Live
Alissa's papaya-banana pudding - gosh this stuff is good. I have some left for tomorrow.
2 Blonde Macaroons
1/2 Chewy Almond Crunch Bar
Mineral water - San Pelligrino
Strawberry banana smoothie

Here is my quote of the day:
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."- Winston Churchill

Live life,
Alma

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alma,

I too am a huge h20 drinker but after reading your entry regarding mineral water I'd like to incorporate mineral water into my daily diet. I have 2 questions if you don't mind...
Why is it better to drink mineral h20 with a lower ph level (ie)
Pellegrino= 7.7 vs German 5.8 or 5.9.
Is there a recommended threshold on the amount of mineral h20 you should drink/day

Looking forward to hearing from you
Take care
Mary Ann

amazon.com from Raw Foods Wealth 2 Health

Alissa Cohen Raw Food Store