Friday, September 7, 2007

Day 12 Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday dear Alma, happy birthday to me


Yesterday I realized that I did not plan or prepare this week’s meals as well as I did last week so I have been living on a lot of fruits and salads. This is not a bad thing but I like the concoctions I had the first week. I did buy organic sweet potatoes and I wanted to make sweet potato pie and chips. I needed to make something substantial for dinner because I was going to play volleyball. So I made a green drink and I put dandelion, kale, parsley, cilantro, plums, bananas and water in it. It tasted pretty good. The dandelion gave it a twang that tasted like lime in the drink. I took a quart in the car and drank about 2/3rds on the way to VB. I drank at least 50 oz of water during play and then finished the rest of the green drink when I was driving home. I read that it is best to eat good carbohydrates right after exercising because your body uses up the existing carbohydrates during the exercise and your body needs more carbs in order to renourish and heal your body.

Wow, did I need a good nights sleep last night. Another 6 games of volleyball in humid weather and I was just about ready to pass out before my shower. I was so tired I soaked in the tub for a while, head and all. I would love to say that I woke up chipper but I did not.

This morning I tried some young Thai coconut juice and after exerting all of my energy to get the juice out it, it seemed to give me the energy I needed to get on with this day. I drank about 6 ounces not mixed with anything and it tasted great. I remember drinking coconut juice right out of the coconut when I was in Puerto Rico when I was little. This did not taste the same to me but it was so long ago that maybe my taste has changed and not the coconuts. Did you know that coconuts have the most concentrated source of electrolytes than any other food source? Sports drinks should be made of this stuff instead of sugar. To get the benefits of consuming these young coconuts or more information please visit this link. http://youngcoconuts.com/benefits.html. They claim that it takes about 9 months for the coconut to product 1 liter of water. It is filtered to a purified and sterile state. It is also identical to human plasma and coconut IV’s have been used to save lives. I wonder if the Survivorman knows this?

Here is another tid bit I heard yesterday. If you have 6 teaspoons of sugar it lowers your immune system by 25% for 12 hours and if you have 25 teaspoons of sugar it will lower your immune system 95% for 12 hours. One can of coke contains nearly 10 teaspoons of sugar or the entire daily recommended amount of calories from sugar. http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0720-07.htm. Hmmm, who would have thought that?

Nutrients of the day:
E3live super blue green algae w/ green juice
Gerolsteiner mineral water
1 apple
1 banana
1 quart of green juice
1 mango


Today I decided to dehydrate some food just to give it a little different texture. By this I mean that I set my oven to 100 degrees and cooked vegetables for about 4.5 hours. The premise of raw foods is to keep all the enzymes in the foods. The process of cooking is like dehydration whereas most the foods enzymes leach out with the water. Food has to be heated/cooked/ dehydrated at 105 degrees or less in order to be considered raw. Some sources claim 118 degrees and some at 116 degrees. I cooked my foods at 100 degrees so there would be no question. I made Portobello mushrooms, Vidalia onions, carrots, zucchini and cherry tomatoes. I actually sliced the cherry tomatoes in half and added some Himalayan salt and cold pressed olive oil. It was all delicious. Tomorrow I hope to get to my food stores and stock up for next week. Perhaps on Sunday I will start the cooking for the week.

Nutrients of the day:E3live super blue green algae w/ green juice
3 ears of corn
1 pint of cherry tomatoes
Herbal tea
1 raw brownie
Portobello mushrooms, carrots, onions and zucchini
Young coconut water

Quote of the day:
"Achievement seems to be connected with action. Successful men and women keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit." - Conrad Hilton

Live Life,
Alma

No comments:

amazon.com from Raw Foods Wealth 2 Health

Alissa Cohen Raw Food Store