Sunday, September 23, 2007

Day 27 The Stone Pony

The mushrooms I was cooking were not ready after 5 hours. They needed a couple of more hours due to the oven temperature of 105 degrees. I decided to stay downstairs and watch TV or fall asleep since I know I would not want to come down at 2AM to shut off the oven. My internal clock woke me up at 2:15 and I checked the mushrooms and they were done. I shut off the TV and went upstairs to my bed. I put on that TV to lull me into lala land and so be it I found TaxiCab Confessions on Bravo. Bad move because I stayed up until 4AM. Ah well, what the heck. It is the weekend. Needless to say I slept in on Saturday.
I went to dinner with some friends and then went to The Stone Pony to listen to some local bands. It was a lot of fun. It is so much fun to go out and have a lot of people you know around. I follow one of the local bands and the groupies all get to know one another after a while. It was quite an interesting and exciting evening.
I received a call Friday night from a woman from the summer volleyball league I played on. She asked me to join her Monday night league. I was so thrilled to be considered. I love it when people treat me as an equal. It means they do not see my handicap. They see me for who I am. That is a beautiful thing! Well as if I cannot get enough of volleyball I decided to join yet another league that plays on Sundays. This one runs September through May. I played on this league two years ago and last year I never made it over there. Today is the first day of play and I am leaving in a few minutes.
Raw nutrients of the day:
E3live with fresh squeezed orange juice
3 portobellos with pesto
NuPlus, Fortune Delight & Quinary
A Mediterranean platter with hummus, tabbouleh, olives, cucumbers, red peppers and an awesome dressing over greens
A sip of a pumpkin martini – wow that was good
Water, water and more water

Quote of the day:
"Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential." - John Maxwell

Celebrate life and enjoy your weekend,
Alma

No comments:

amazon.com from Raw Foods Wealth 2 Health

Alissa Cohen Raw Food Store