Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Day 30 & 31 I made it!!!

Wow, let me pause a second and breath. I try to celebrate all wins be them large or small. This has been quite a quest but I am up to do it again but I want to stay 100% raw for 30 days. I am going to guess and say I was about 98 to 99% raw. I am up for the challenge and I am going online for some support. I do not want to say that this discipline was hard because I do not feel it was that bad. I would like to feel as part of a community so I am reaching out for some support. There are many message boards that offer a form of communication that I believe will benefit me. I have done some homework and joined a few meetup groups. I have only reached out to one group but I will be attending another function next month that is local. It will be great to experience a meal with other like-minded people. These groups are located in Princeton NJ, New Brunswick NJ, Pennsylvania and New York City. Two of these locations are nearby and I will attend the other two if something special is really going on or if I plan to be in the area.


I find it difficult to stay 100% raw when dining out of my home. There is such a lack of restaurants that provide raw foods never mind organic raw foods. I will have to go into New York City to experience a variety of raw food restaurants. There is an online service that will deliver several meals and snacks but I did not like the food, the quality or the service. I will keep seeking and I am sure I will find other sites that will offer fresh, nutritious raw foods.


Day 31
Raw nutrients of the day:
16oz green smoothie
16 oz rice milk with Cafix
Fresh squeezed orange juice with aloe
NuPlus, Fortune Delight & Quinary
Portobellos with pesto
64 oz water
2 bananas
2 apples
2 rings of pineapple
2 cups Cafix
1 Sunbar


Day 30
Raw nutrients of the day:
1 durian pod milk shake (1 pod, water and vanilla extract) with E3live Juice of 1 young coconut with fresh pineapple juice grilled vegetables fruit salad (pineapple, grapes, cantaloupe, honeydew) 1 cup Cafix
NuPlus, Fortune Delgiht & Quinary
48 oz water
16 oz green smoothie
1 cup herbal tea
Soy ravioli with tomato and onions

Quote of the day:
"All life is a chance. So take it! The person who goes furthest is the one who is willing to do and dare." - Dale Carnegie

Celebrate life,
Alma

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will run the 5K in the summer of 2008, 2009 and so on. I see how with each day the strong determination and I am so very proud of all you efforts. There are so many in our world that need for you to share what you experience with the raw foods and daily activities. Let them know after the most devasting experience a few years back, that there is an even better life ahead. I see a very bright aura around you my friend, never dull.

Enthusiam is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all your might...Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful, and you will accomplish your objective.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Love ya Girlfriend db

amazon.com from Raw Foods Wealth 2 Health

Alissa Cohen Raw Food Store