Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Day 23 & 24 Still going strong

It is hard to believe that I am in week four of this journey. I can definitely say that I will continue on raw foods. I know I said I would assess this at the end of 30 days but I already know what I am going to do.



Tuesday I went to the gym after work. I was really tired and scared to push my body because I do not want to over do things. I guess my body was reacting to my volleyball play on Monday and lack of sleep afterwards. So I walked at a casual pace for 30 minutes on a treadmill. After talking with a co-worker I realized that I did not have to go and have a super workout like I normally do. Just getting to the gym and walking would be enough. Thanks Amy! So that is what I did and I must say that my heart and lungs performed much better than I expected. I had not been to the gym in 2 months so I expected to walk at about 2 to 2.5mph. Well I was surprised as I walked at a pace of 3 mph. My breathing was really good. I was able to breathe through my nose the entire time. I cannot wait to go again to do a hard workout to see at what level I can perform. In June I was able to work out at 3.2 to 3.4 mph for 30 to 40 minutes. I feel like I can do a lot better. I KNOW I can!


The eggplant came out really good but a little too rich for me. I really like it and I will tweak the recipe next time I make it. Again the recipe seems to be for a family of four so I freezed most of it.


Nutrients of the day:
Tuesday
Green smoothie with E3live
3 cups Cafix
Spinach salad with alfalfa sprouts, broccoli sprouts and The Sproutman's Crunchy sprouts (lentils)
32 oz mineral water
2 bananas
8 oz green smoothie
Eggplant Parmesan
1 carob turtle
72 oz water
½ almond crunch bar
1 durian pod
10 longans



Today I worked from home so I got to run some errands in the morning. I went out to Princeton and I got stuck in traffic both ways. I read a lot of Angela Stokes blog this morning and learned about Sunrider foods. I did get to upload a bunch of pictures from Sunday’s playoffs. You can see those at the bottom of this post.

Nutrients of the day:
Wednesday
3 cups of Cafix
1 raw brownie
Eggplant Parmesan
32 oz water
½ almond crunch bar
Portobello mushrooms with Pesto – YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY
20 longans

Quote of the day:
"When life's problems seem overwhelming, look around and see what other people
are coping with. You may consider yourself fortunate." - Ann Landers




Waiting to play.



Watching and hoping the ball goes over the net.




Annette setting the ball. You go girl! Yes guys, she is available.




Go Pat go. It looks like there are only two people play and two fans watching. The fans are my parents. Don't the back of their heads look great?






Stretch Danny.

Celebrate life,
Alma

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have pulmonary fibrosis

Trying to get well by reading

your blog.

I was diagnosed in June 2005...

Can breath fine sitting down, but

have to rely on oxygen when climbing stairs or walkign

amazon.com from Raw Foods Wealth 2 Health

Alissa Cohen Raw Food Store