Monday, September 10, 2007

Day 15 and the celebration continues

Here is the best news you will hear in a while. I just found the best low calorie ice cream ever. Freeze a few bananas and then put them in a high-speed blender (vitamix preferred). Either way whip it up on high so a little air gets incorporated in it and let it get creamy. I swear it tastes just like ice cream. It has the same consistency as it and it was no fat and good for me. WOW!!! I wanted to make something with the fresh Thai coconut so I put that in the blender and added vanilla extract, a touch of cinnamon and some agave nectar. I had seen a similar recipe but I changed the ingredients to my liking. That recipe stated to pour this mixture over whole bananas. I had read the banana ice cream from Alyssa’s book so I decided I would pour the coconut mixture over the banana ice cream. Oh my God is this awesome. I look forward to shopping again this weekend because I am going to buy more coconuts and bananas. You have to try this ice cream substitute.

I am using Cafix as a coffee substitute and I am going to try the banana ice cream recipe with this Cafix to see if I can make coffee ice cream. So stay tuned for more details. I have also thought of macerating some berries and putting them on top of the ice cream. Oh man, I am really getting creative now. I am thinking of walnuts in some agave over the ice cream. I could be the only person on earth that could go on a raw food diet and gain weight if I keep this up. Time to change the subject!

Today I went into work and my desk looked like a produce market. My co-workers gave me lots of fruits for my birthday. I had two baskets full of stuff. One basket had mineral water, walnuts, granola, mango and a mango cutter. The other basket had apples, pears, and oranges. I got strawberries and a couple of lottery tickets too. I appreciate my co-workers making me feel special on my birthday. They have been there for me through the cancer and the fibrosis so it is great that they celebrate my life with me as well. Thank you Maryann, Kerrianne, Donna, Isabel and Pat.

I have so much to say today. Tonight we started the woman’s league volleyball and it was great to be able to be much more mobile than I was last may. I was able to run to the ball better and run to get under it. I did not get as winded as I normally would and now that I think of it, I did not have any coughing fits during play. YES!


Nutrients of the day:
Fresh squeezed grapefruit juice with aloe vera and E3Live
1 quart of green juice (parsley, dandelion, kale, strawberries and lots of mango)
Dill and lemon hummus with multigrain crackers
3 bananas
1 big slice of sweet potato pie
1 pint of green juice
1 cup banana-coconut ice cream

Quote of the day:
"Come to the edge, he said. They said: We are afraid. Come to the edge, he said. They came. He pushed them, And they flew..." - Guillaume Apollinaire

Live life,
Alma

No comments:

amazon.com from Raw Foods Wealth 2 Health

Alissa Cohen Raw Food Store