Monday, September 17, 2007

Day 21 & 22 Best Day Ever

Sunday we had our family picnic and tournament of our summer beach volleyball league. My team lost in the first rounds 3 games to 0. Our best two players were injured and we had to get a substitute. This is all part of the game but it was a great season and we had a lot of fun. My parents went to the picnic and enjoyed meeting all the players and the festivities. We spent most of the day outdoors so not much to report.



Obviously my teammate hit this ball out of bounds and we watched it fly while she mourned the loss.


Running inbound after a serve.

I noticed I have not been putting down all my drinks like water or cafix (coffee substitute). So I am going to work on this.
Sunday
Nutrients of the day:
16oz green smoothie
32 oz pear banana smoothie with olive oil and flax seeds
3 vegeburgers
Lots of tomato salad with olive oil and fresh basil
2 carob turtles
8 oz green smoothie
1/2 gal water

Tonight was my best day ever in volleyball! I was able to play the best ever physically. I was running under the ball and getting to the ball the way I have been wanting to for a long. I could say that my body kept up with my mind. Of course I would have liked to have breathed better but I am not complaining. This will come and I am sure of it. I worked so hard and so well that I had to change oxygen tanks at 8:15. That was a first! YAHOO, it was AWESOME! My team for the evening lost every game but we had great volleys, a lot of fun and a very good workout.
I came home and made eggplant parmesan. It will take 14 to 18 hours which means a few more hours in my case because I put the food on a silicone cookie sheet. This transfers the heat at a slower pace so I figure I can eat this when I get home from work tomorrow night. It is so weird to cook a meal for 20 hours.
Good news—Oprah had Dr. Oz on her show and they discussed a raw food diet today. Discovery Health Channel has a show with Dr. Oz called "Truth About Food" where he puts some people on the same diet as a gorilla to show how people can get healthy and lose weight. This also aired tonight and will be repeated many times.
Nutrients of the day:
3 cups of Cafix
1 raw brownie
32 oz mineral water
32oz green smoothie
2 bananas
Juice of one young coconut
3 pears
64 oz water

Quote of the day:
"The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power." - Hugh White

Celebrate life,
Alma

1 comment:

annette said...

okay, I think I'm in. :) I'm officially a BLOGGER. sounds like something out of a scary movie.
Anyway, what I've been trying to send you is:
You looked GREAT last night. So, I go and read your blog. Lo and behold, you were w/o O all day. Amazing. So proud and inspired by you.
So, my other point. You should have some of us girls over for a raw food night. I'll go on Alyssa's site and find a recipe to bring something, others can do the same and lets talk HEALTHY EATING
sound good? I want to actually see what is going on in a Raw Kitchen.
Speaking of Raw Kitchens. Let's get to Down to Earth soon.
love you
annette

amazon.com from Raw Foods Wealth 2 Health

Alissa Cohen Raw Food Store