Sunday, September 9, 2007

Day 14 a bright and sunny day

I slept in this morning and it felt good. I felt like I was still playing catch up with my rest because I woke up groggy again. I had my algae with cold herbal tea and some bee pollen. Then my mom and I made some fresh squeezed grapefruit juice. I added some aloe vera to it because this combination is supposed to be good for cleansing our lungs. I also took a vitamin B-12 in hopes that it would give me some energy. It seemed to work but let’s see how I feel tomorrow morning.
Off to Red Bank I went. I was going to try a raw foods restaurant and then I found out there was going to be a street fair. Well thank God for the street fair because the restaurant was closed and out of business. It was an organic vegetarian restaurant. I cannot believe there aren’t enough patrons to keep these restaurants open. There are only a few in New Jersey and yet so many in New York City. I guess I am going to have to dig deeper and try to find other restaurants.

It was a bright sunny day and the street fair was a lot of fun. There were hundreds of vendors and lots of goodies to be bought. The afternoon became partly cloudy and the clouds made an unusual pattern in the sky.

The corn chips did not work out. I tried the recipe in the oven on a silicone sheet. I am going to buy Teflon sheets and try it again with half the batch in the oven and half in my dehydrator. What a waste of Jersey corn at peak. Wow it was delicious. I am going to have to go out this week and find some more corn before the season is over. I have a food vacuum sealer and I want to freeze some so I can enjoy it during the winter.

Nutrients of the day:
Cold herbal tea with E3Live
Fresh squeezed grapefruit juice with aloe
Portobello mushroom salad
Guacamole
Mineral Water
Herbal tea
Green juice - dandelion, kale, parsley, spring onion, strawberries and lots of mango
A banana
Some raw coconut

"You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself" - Jim Rohn

Celebrate Life,
Alma

No comments:

amazon.com from Raw Foods Wealth 2 Health

Alissa Cohen Raw Food Store