Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Day 17 Green Wednesday

Last night I went through my cookbook and picked out recipes that I would like to make. I planned on going shopping this morning for all the produce and had planned out a route to get optimal gas mileage and time management. Upon arrising I did not feel so inspired. I soaked in the tub and read from another blog www.rawreform.blogspot.com. Angela Stokes is the author and I am enjoying it. I heard an interview of hers on www.rawveganradio.com and I wanted to learn more about her and her raw food journey. I also realized that I should finish much of the produce I already have at home before buying more and since my appetite has not been up to my norm I figured this was a good idea. It turned out to be a green Wednesday for me since I did not use my car. Yes we all must do what we can for the environment.

Since I decided to use the food I have in my house I made Alyssa’s dressing today. I doctored it up by adding garlic and I used macadamia nut oil instead of olive oil. I also doubled the recipe and I am glad I did because it came out really tasty. So you know that I had to have a salad. I marianted some vegetables in the dressing and then poured the excess onto the lettuce. I also made sweet potato and apple chips chips in the dehydrator. Apples are my favorite dehydrated fruit.

After 2.5 weeks of blogging I finally received a comment! I will answer it here in order to share with everyone.

Why is it better to drink mineral h20 with a higher pH level (ie) Pellegrino= 7.7 vs German 5.8 or 5.9?

One reason to drink a higher pH mineral water is because you want your blood to be alkaline instead of acid. There is much written on this but here is some information. Most degenerative diseases such as cancer, osteoporosis and heart disease and other diseases such as allergy, kidney stones and gallstones have all been scientifically linked to mineral deficiencies. http://www.rahoorkhuit.net/health/alkaline_vs_acid/index.html

However there is some controversy about the health effects of mineral waters because there are no studies that prove or disprove this. Also the ability of the body to absorb minerals from water is not efficient however some is assimilated. More on this at http://www.mineralwaters.org/ under facts and fiction click on health.
Other mineral water information is available at
http://www.thenibble.com/reviews/main/beverages/waters/index.asp, http://www.armchairfrance.com/waters.htm and http://www.aquamaestro.com

Is there a recommended threshold on the amount of mineral h20 you should drink/day?

I could not find a daily recommendation for mineral water. What I did find was recommendations for the minerals in the water but if our bodies do not absorb the minerals in water efficiently then the data is irrelavent.

Nutrients of the day:
Fresh squeezed grapefruit juice with aloe vera and E3Live
A salad with mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, zuchinni and onion
1 slice of sweet potato pie
1 cup of banana-coconut ice cream

Quote of the day:
"This one step - choosing a goal and staying to it - changes everything." - Scott Reed

Live life,
Alma

No comments:

amazon.com from Raw Foods Wealth 2 Health

Alissa Cohen Raw Food Store