Tuesday, January 1, 2008

JUDGEMENT, FORGIVENESS & COMPASSION

Happy New Year!
I do not remember ever writing New Year resolutions but today I want to write down things that I have practiced but feel that I need a lot more work on.
First one is judgement. I am sure that there have been many times in your life when you assume something about someone and you are wrong. You make a story around something that occurred and you were way off base. I have done this thousands of times but the last few years I have caught myself many times and stopped doing this. I have learned to turn the negative judgement into a positive one or I will stop creating the story in my own mind. The other side of judgement that hurts is the side where people judge me. Yes I am probably more sensitive than others because I have to use oxygen at exertion and my handicap is visible but some people can be overly caring and some people can just shut me out. This is where compassion and forgiveness comes in for me.
I have to be more compassionate for myself because things are the way they are. I am doing everything possible that I know of for my health. I do more than most people do as far as eating healthy and exercising. My only fault is that I am human and the more I get the more I want. I take things for granted even though I do not want to. I practice being grateful every single day.
As far as forgiveness goes, I declare that I forgive all those who have done me harm and that pass judgement onto me. I must practice forgiveness every single day because if I do not then those who I feel have harmed me will control me. I have come too far in my life to let anything or anyone control my life. I am in control of my life each and every second.

I forgive you like:
A sailor forgives the sea,
The desert forgives the sun,
The farmland forgives an early frost,
An autumn leaf forgives the tree,
A mother forgives the pain of her baby’s entry into the world,
Like a snowflake forgives its melting on a tongue,
But most of all I forgive you for just being human.
– Raw Wealth Alma

Celebrate Life and Happy New Year,
Alma

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Thanks for your comment!

Yeah I have had some information passed to me now about Alissa course in UK-- can only do Level 1 and 2 at the moment here. But very excited to give that a go.

A happy new year to you

amazon.com from Raw Foods Wealth 2 Health

Alissa Cohen Raw Food Store