Monday, December 3, 2007

You've come a long way baby...

I was really looking at the foods I ate the other day and I just grinned. My thoughts were along the lines of how far I have come. I am proud of what I have accomplished. I am proud of the person I have become and the lifestyle I have chosen. I do not think I would have been able to make those statements 3 years ago but the fact is that I can say them now. Years ago I did go through a craze for fast food but that was not what my diet was about. I had my basic standard American diet with a starch and protein and a vegetable at lunch and dinner with a diet soda. I ate deserts and had a breakfast of coffee with a bagel. Coffee with a sugar substitute as a snack and an appetite suppressor, or so I thought. Now I look at these foods like simple carbs (starch), dead animal meat (protein), acid forming drinks (coffee and diet soda), blood glue (bagel) and powdered carcinogen (sugar substitute).

Accomplishment of the week:

This past Thursday we only had 8 women show up for volleyball. In the past I attempted to play with 4 women on one side but I would get home and basically pass out and be non functioning the next day. It would take me 36 to 48 hours to get back to normal. Many times when we play I will always be on the side with the extra person because of the strain that it puts on my lungs, heart and body. I actually declined playing a few months ago because there would only be 4 players on my side. Well I realized this past Friday that I had played for 2 hours with 4 women on my side. I came home bathed, watched Survivor and went to bed after 11PM. I woke up Friday and everything was normal. I did not realize this accomplishment until I was speaking with my mom. I was so shocked that I could not talk. I really could not make a sentence when I realized how great I felt only 16 hours later. I am grateful for this and for raw foods. I know that my this lifestyle has helped me tremendously and I am going to continue to THRIVE.

Raw nutrients of the day:
1 oz wheatgrass
16 oz green smoothie
8oz fresh squeezed OJ with sprouts
1 oz E3Live algae
8 oz chocolate pudding
1 oz wheatgrass few pieces of mango
1 banana
1 sweet potato
1 carob coated banana with coconut and nuts
1 slice mango-banana pie
8 oz herbal tea
2 bags nuplus
1 oz wheatgrass

"There's only one way to succeed in anything and that is to give everything." - Vince Lombardi

Celebrate Life,
Alma

No comments:

amazon.com from Raw Foods Wealth 2 Health

Alissa Cohen Raw Food Store