Monday, December 3, 2007

Wheatgrass - green, green, green

I was able to buy a flat of wheatgrass at a local health food store. I have a hand crank wheatgrass juicer and I have been doing 3-1 oz shots of wheatgrass daily for over a week. I actually bought another flat of wheatgrass yesterday. I am on a chlorophyll kick! This was my next phase of raw foods. For me, I seem to get into something and then go deeper and deeper into it. For example, I started the vegetarian journey and then went vegan almost overnight. I then started incorporating green smoothies. After a while I decided to go into raw foods. As I read and educated myself more in this field I apply my learning’s. Now I am doing wheatgrass for it’s many benefits. The main benefit is chlorophyll because this helps build red blood cells, which in turn will brings more oxygen into my body. This will definitely help me attain my goal of reversing my pulmonary fibrosis and the use of oxygen at exertion. I believe my next phase in this diet will be to start going my own sprouts. I have started incorporating sprouts into my green smoothies daily. I have to read a couple of books on sprouting and be on my merry way.

Raw nutrients of the day:
1 oz wheatgrass
12 oz apple-celery juice
16 oz smoothie - kale, romaine lettuce, blueberries, bananas and snow pea shoots
8 oz carrot juice
4 oz kale and romaine lettuce juice
1/2 oz hunza dried pomegratnates
1 quinary
1 vitashake
7 olives
1 sunbar
1 oz wheatgrass
1 banana
1 quinary 1 vitashake

"You can't cross a sea by merely staring into the water." - Rabindranath Tagore

Celebrate Life,
Alma

2 comments:

Wendi said...

Hi! You posted a comment on my blog, now I'm visiting yours. Sorry, I just found your comment. I guess I thought I was blogging and NOONE was reading.....thank you. I all of a sudden feel a connection. Are you on RFT??? I subscribed to your blog too! Take care.

Wendi

Kristen's Raw said...

Your day of food sounds awesome! I love that you're into wheat grass so much and getting into sprouts. Everything sounds so fresh and delicious :)

Have a fantastic day!!!

amazon.com from Raw Foods Wealth 2 Health

Alissa Cohen Raw Food Store