Monday, December 3, 2007

New Raw Food Recipes

Today I tried a few new recipes. Two are from Alissa Cohen's book and two I created. I created my version of macaroon after making coconut milk from old coconuts (not young Thai coconuts). I had bought 2 coconuts but the flesh on these is hard not like the young ones where the flesh is just forming and it is very soft. There was so much fiber in the coconut milk that I decided to take it out so I could drink the coconut milk on its own. Well when I saw the fiber I thought of a macaroon. So I added some honey and I was going to roll it up into a ball and dehydrate it. Well it really did not have much texture. So I took some more coconut and grated it. I added this to my mixture and then formed them into a ball and dehydrated them. Now they had texture and tasted pretty good. They are not done yet but I will let you know how they come out. I can say right now that 2 of the 6 broke apart as I turned them over in the dehydrator.
I also made a banana-mango pie and carob covered bananas with coconuts and nuts.

Raw nutrients of the day:
1 oz wheatgrass
32 oz apple-celery juice
1 evergreen
1 oz E3Live algae
1 raw revolution organic live food bar-chocolate & coconut
1 pt vegetable soup
1/2 spirulina energy bar
8 oz cafix
1 garlic-flax cracker
3 raweo cookies
8 oz herbal tea
1 oz wheatgrass
1 tsp bee pollen
2 oz E3Live algae
20 oz green smoothie with sprouts
2 bags nuplus
2 sunbars
1 oz wheatgrass

"The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Celebrate Life,
Alma

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alma,

My name is Shannon and I'm the editorial assistant at Foodbuzz.com. I am very impressed with the quality of your posts and to that end, I’d like to invite you to be a part of our newly launched Foodbuzz Featured Publisher program. I would love to send you more details about the program, so if you are interested, please email me at Shannon@foodbuzz.com.

Cheers!

Shannon Eliot
Editorial Assistant, Foodbuzz.com
shannon@foodbuzz.com

vasilisa said...

What kind of dehydrator do you have? I've been thinking about getting one, but haven't decided if it's necessary yet...

What's nuplus?

I'm thinking about incorporating coconuts into our diet, but they just seem a bit too sweet at this point.

PS: my blender just arrived! A Vita Mix! I'm so excited! Any good ideas for yummy green smoothie?

amazon.com from Raw Foods Wealth 2 Health

Alissa Cohen Raw Food Store