Monday, December 6, 2010

Proactive with my Healthcare

Photobucket
I just finished a batch of apple/celery juice. What I am doing now is making a big batch at once and storing the juice in stanless steel lined drink cups. I read that stanless steal helps to maintain the nutrients. I used to do the drinks as I wanted to drink them but now a days I do not have the energy to do the drinks a few times a day and clean up the machinery. I make enough that lasts me about 3 days. Conserving energy and getting my vitamins. I also ate 1/2 canteloupe so I am good to go for a while.

Transplant update:
Well I finally heard from Duke or shall I say my nurse practioner did. They want me to do 2 tests and when Duke receives and reviews the results they will schedule an appointment. In the meantime I have reached out to Duke to see what the process is and how long this will probably take. I had to leave a message and am awaiting a call. My calculations estimate that the visit could be within the last two weeks of this year at best. YIKES! To think that I wanted this all done before this winter. Well you cant always get what you want when you want it.

I also called Cleveland Clinic to get information from their program. I know they will fly me into their facility at time of transplant. I had to leave a message there as well. I did get to talk to the transplant coordinator at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center but I would have to live in PA within 3 hours of Pittsburgh and their average wait time is 6 months. This would be like starting over for me so this facility is out as far as my second choice. It is between Duke and Cleveland Clinic."

Not too late
It's never too late to richly live the moment you're in. Don't let regrets about the past destroy the unique opportunity you have right now.
Do you feel frustrated by your lack of progress? Then tap into the energy of that frustration to bring yourself fully to life in this moment that you now have to work with.

Today, you are more experienced and knowledgeable than you've ever been. Today, you can be more motivated than ever before to reach in and connect with your own special goodness.

And today you can put all of what you have into making real and positive progress. Today you can connect in a new and fulfilling way with what matters most.

You've already made an amazing journey to get to this moment. You've brought yourself here for a reason, so let yourself live that reason.

Make life the best it can be right now by doing something truly meaningful with it. Whatever you've come through, wherever you've been, it is never too late to feel the beautiful joy of being alive and making a difference.

-- Ralph Marston

Celebrate Life,
Alma

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Going through this post, I honestly think that you own the exact idea of what are you talking about.I seriously wish to applaud you for your passion towards your work that has helped you stand today on this height.Genuinely,there has not been even a time that I have gone through your blog and went without getting some good knowledge.Get Going.And yes i have tweeted your site rawwealth.blogspot.com .

amazon.com from Raw Foods Wealth 2 Health

Alissa Cohen Raw Food Store