Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Waiting is the worse

aha
Well I had an "a-ha" moment last week. I was talking with a friend about my family's emotional well being during my dad's pulmonary fibrosis and his lung transplant. When I told her that 'the waiting was the worse time' it dawned on me that, that is where I am now. I am waiting and this by far has become the most stressful time to date. Yes there are moments that I cannot stop coughing nor can catch my breath that become very stressful but these times pass. They come and go. Waiting on the transplant list is an underlying stress with many peaks and valleys but the stress is always there.

So what do I do. I continue to go to pulmonary therapy 3 times a week. I still drink my green smoothies daily. I have not talked much about raw foods lately. I guess I have been consumed by the transplant however I have not lost sight on how important diet and exercise is. I want to be the absolute strongest I can be for this surgery.

Remember I start training for volleyball and 5K races the day after surgery. :)

You deserve

You deserve the best in life. And you deserve the experience of creating it.

You are worthy of a life that's rich and filled with meaning. And you are worthy of working through the difficult challenges to make that life a reality.

At any given moment, including this moment right now, you are fully deserving of life's greatest experiences. It is never too early and it is never too late to fully feel how it feels to be uniquely alive.

You deserve to be extraordinarily happy in your own special way. And you deserve to realize and to understand that you are the only person who can choose to let that happiness flow.

You deserve to find the strength within yourself to triumph over difficult challenges. You deserve to feel the sense of accomplishment that comes from a job well done.

You deserve whatever you truly desire and whatever you most authentically imagine. Get busy now, with a love of the possibilities, and give yourself what you deserve.

-- Ralph Marston

Celebrate Life,
Alma

1 comment:

Donna said...

This is the season for miracles and I know the good Lord has a special miracle planned just for you my dear friend.

amazon.com from Raw Foods Wealth 2 Health

Alissa Cohen Raw Food Store