Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Start the Celebration


Well its time for me to start my 4 year cancer survivor celebration. Even though my actual anniversary date is January 20Th. Every six months I have been going to see my pulmonary doctor, I get a cat scan and pulmonary function tests done. Well today was my 4 year checkup. My pulmonary tests have been consistent for the past 5 years so that is good news. This disease has not progressed.

My doctor still smiles when he asks me if I am still playing volleyball and I say YES. He also smiles when I tell him all the activities I do. He says I am a high functioning human being and that the numbers he sees from my tests mean nothing to him because of how good I am doing. Another physician that is doing her fellowship with him stated that most people on oxygen do not want to do anything and she was quite impressed with my exercise regime.
So I will continue on my journey using medical science and alternative methods to regain my pulmonary functions back up to 100%. Greens every day, foods that are rich in vitamins, minerals and trace elements, non-processed foods and a positive attitude. These have helped me to regain my strength and peace of mind so far so why change things. I will keep learning about foods and keep sharing with all of you . It is a win-win situation. So...
Celebrate Life,
Alma

No comments:

amazon.com from Raw Foods Wealth 2 Health

Alissa Cohen Raw Food Store